United Airlines (UA) is a renowned air transportation service in the world This American company is one of the founding members of Star Alliance. In case of both domestic and international flights, United Airlines operates 4500+ daily with United Express. With the help of four different Wi-Fi providers, United Airlines (UA) makes sure that the passengers get uninterrupted service.
For your better understanding of this reputed airline, here is a collection of basic information of United Airlines (UA) at a glance,
United Airlines Profile
|Airlines Name||United Airlines (UA)|
|Founded||April 6, 1926|
|Commenced Operations||March 28, 1931|
|Headquarter||Willis Tower, Chicago, Illinois, United States.|
|Main Hub||Chicago O’Hare International Airport|
|Country||United States of America|
|Parent Company||United Airlines Holdings|
|Subsidiaries||MileagePlus, Inc. MileagePlus Holdings, LLC United Aviation Fuels Corporation United Cogen, Inc. United Vacations, Inc. etc.|
|Wi-Fi Provider||GogoPanasonicThales ViaSat|
|Address||77 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601|
|Phone Number||1-800-864-8331 (1-800-UNITED-1)|
United Airlines WiFi availability and charge
As a passenger, you’ll have United WiFi℠ on all mainline aircraft and two-cabin regional aircraft of United Airlines (UA). There are four Wi-Fi providers and those provide a wide range of coverage. The providers are:
The coverage area and aircrafts of each are:
- Gogo: Gogo spans the U.S. mainland and portions of Alaska and Canada Footnote 1. The following flights operate with this provider: Embraer 170, Embraer 175, Bombardier CRJ-700 and Boeing 757-200.
- Panasonic: Panasonic coverage is worldwide. The following aircraft are operating with this provider: select Airbus 319, Airbus 320, select Boeing 757-200, select 757-300, 767-300ER, 767-400ER, 777-200, 777-200ER, 777-300ER, 787-8, 787-9 and 787-10.
- Thales: Thales range covers the U.S. Continental. Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 737-900, 737-900 and 737-900ER fly the following aircraft and select 757-300 fly the following aircraft.
- ViaSat: ViaSat comprises the U.S. mainland, Canada , Mexico, Central America , the Caribbean and Europe. The following aircraft service with this provider: select Airbus 319, select Boeing 737-900, select Boeing 757-200 with premium transcontinental service, and select Boeing 737 MAX 9.
What needs to be noted here is, Boeing 757-200 and 757-300 aircrafts are covered by three providers, so the coverage might vary in these cases.
United Airlines (UA) has a subscription service for Wi-Fi. Depending on the region and duration, you’ll be charged. You can buy monthly and annual subscriptions. A daily subscription isn’t available. VoIP service for voice calls and video calls aren’t available. The prices according to duration are:
United Airlines (UA) WiFi Cost & Plans
|Region||Monthly Cost||Annual Cost|
|North America and Central America||$49 or 7,500 miles||$539 or 80,000 miles|
|Global||$69 or 10,500 miles||$689 or 100,000 miles|
You can save up to $139 a year by selecting an annual subscription. As of now, the One-time initiation fee $0. So, you’ll have no extra cost in purchasing the subscriptions.
How to connect United WiFi?
To connect you have to make sure you have a Wi-Fi enabled device. You’ll also need to make sure the aircraft you’re on has Wi-Fi. You can get the information from the official website or you can look for the Wi-Fi sign within the aircraft.
- Make sure your device is on flight mode
- Open settings
- Turn on Wi-Fi in Wi-Fi and network settings
- View available wireless networks and select “United_Wi-Fi.”
- Connect to “United_Wi-Fi.”
- Launch your internet browser.
- You should be redirected to the United Wi-Fi Portal, if not, go to United Website
- Purchase a suitable plan for you.
- Enjoy browsing!
Does United Airlines have WiFi?
Yes, they provide good quality inflight WiFi.
Is the United Airlines WiFi service free?
No, the Wi-Fi is paid.
Can I purchase the subscription after being on board?
Yes, you can buy the desired subscription after boarding on the plane.
Is there an option to get a daily subscription?
No, the airline does not have that service available yet. However, If you’re traveling on a premium transcontinental service flight with internet service provided by Gogo®, you can purchase a day pass in advance from gogoair.com and save up to 60%.
Can I use MilagePlus to purchase UA WiFi?
Yes, you can use MilagePlus for buying the subscription for all except Gogo coverage flights.
How many devices can I connect?
With one subscription, you can use one device to access the internet at a time. You can switch the device of connection. If you want the internet on two or more devices at the same time, you will need to buy different subscriptions for those devices.
Is the UA Inflight WiFi service limited?
No, you can use unlimited Wi-Fi for as long as you are on the flight.