United Airlines (UA) is a renowned air transportation service in the world This American company is one of the founding members of Star Alliance.
In the case of both domestic and international flights, United Airlines operates 4500+ daily with United Express. With the help of four different Wi-Fi providers, United Airlines (UA) makes sure that the passengers get uninterrupted service.
For your better understanding of this reputed airline, here is a collection of basic information of United Airlines (UA) at a glance,
United Airlines Profile
|Airlines Name||United Airlines (UA)|
|Founded||April 6, 1926|
|Commenced Operations||March 28, 1931|
|Headquarter||Willis Tower, Chicago, Illinois, United States.|
|Main Hub||Chicago O’Hare International Airport|
|Country||United States of America|
|Parent Company||United Airlines Holdings|
|Subsidiaries||MileagePlus, Inc. MileagePlus Holdings, LLC United Aviation Fuels Corporation United Cogen, Inc. United Vacations, Inc., etc.|
|Wi-Fi Provider||GogoPanasonicThales ViaSat|
|Address||77 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601|
|Phone Number||1-800-864-8331 (1-800-UNITED-1)|
United Airlines WiFi availability and charge
As a passenger, you’ll have United WiFi℠ on all mainline aircraft and two-cabin regional aircraft of United Airlines (UA). There are four Wi-Fi providers and those provide a wide range of coverage. The providers are:
The coverage area and aircraft of each are:
- Gogo: Gogo spans the U.S. mainland and portions of Alaska and Canada Footnote 1. The following flights operate with this provider: Embraer 170, Embraer 175, Bombardier CRJ-700, and Boeing 757-200.
- Panasonic: Panasonic coverage is worldwide. The following aircraft are operating with this provider: select Airbus 319, Airbus 320, select Boeing 757-200, select 757-300, 767-300ER, 767-400ER, 777-200, 777-200ER, 777-300ER, 787-8, 787-9, and 787-10.
- Thales: Thales range covers the U.S. Continental. Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 737-900, 737-900, and 737-900ER fly the following aircraft and select 757-300 fly the following aircraft.
- ViaSat: ViaSat comprises the U.S. mainland, Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and Europe. The following aircraft service with this provider: select Airbus 319, select Boeing 737-900, select Boeing 757-200 with premium transcontinental service, and select Boeing 737 MAX 9.
What needs to be noted here is, Boeing 757-200 and 757-300 aircraft are covered by three providers, so the coverage might vary in these cases.
United Airlines (UA) has a subscription service for Wi-Fi. Depending on the region and duration, you’ll be charged. You can buy monthly and annual subscriptions.
A daily subscription isn’t available. VoIP service for voice calls and video calls isn’t available. The prices according to duration are:
United Airlines (UA) WiFi Cost & Plans
|Region||Monthly Cost||Annual Cost|
|North America and Central America||$49 or 7,500 miles||$539 or 80,000 miles|
|Global||$69 or 10,500 miles||$689 or 100,000 miles|
You can save up to $139 a year by selecting an annual subscription. As of now, the One-time initiation fee $0. So, you’ll have no extra cost in purchasing the subscriptions.
How to connect United WiFi?
To connect you have to make sure you have a Wi-Fi-enabled device. You’ll also need to make sure the aircraft you’re on has Wi-Fi.
You can get the information from the official website or you can look for the Wi-Fi sign within the aircraft.
- Make sure your device is on flight mode
- Open settings
- Turn on Wi-Fi in Wi-Fi and network settings
- View available wireless networks and select “United_Wi-Fi.”
- Connect to “United_Wi-Fi.”
- Launch your internet browser.
- You should be redirected to the United Wi-Fi Portal, if not, go to United Website
- Purchase a suitable plan for you.
- Enjoy browsing!