KLM Royal Dutch Airlines was founded in 1919 and is the oldest airline in the whole world to date.
KLM is one of the largest airlines out there in the Airlines Industry, and that can be proven by facts such as having 35,488 employees and not including the subsidiaries, they have a fleet of 119 (as of 2015).
KLM had its first Wi-Fi test launch back in 2013, and since then this facility has elevated its reputation to another level.
Below is all the necessary information on KLM Airlines Wi-Fi, that you will be requiring before hopping on to one of their Airbuses.
Name of Airlines: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
IATA Code: KL
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines WiFi Cost
Currently, Panasonic Avionics is providing wifi services to KLM’s Wi-Fi services.
All the new Boeing 777-9 Dreamliner’s are facilitated with an internal network known as the “KLM Portal”.
In the KLM Portal, you will be getting access to numerous contents. The usage of KLM’s Portal is completely free of cost.
The portal comes with a Wi-Fi voucher, and after purchasing it, the Wi-Fi Voucher Code is generated, which is added to your booking list and from there you can access it anytime you want.
Below are some of the packages you will be able to purchase:
|DATA TYPE||DATA PLAN||PRICE (EURO)|
How to Connect KLM WiFi?
- Firstly, make sure that your device supports Wi-Fi.
- Then, enable the flight mode and go to the Settings menu.
- Enter your Wi-Fi Voucher Code and create a Panasonic account by entering an email address and password.
- After that, the W-Fi voucher will be activated and you will be connected to the W-Fi network.
- After connecting to the Wi-Fi network, KLM’s onboard portal will open up automatically.
- From this portal, you can avail yourself of a bunch of activities such as booking activities for your destination, checking your latest flight status, purchasing an internet package, and many more.
Does the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines support WiFi?
Yes, they provide high-speed and efficient, inflight Wi-Fi.
Do all their aircrafts consist of a Wi-Fi facility?
No, currently not all their aircrafts consist of Wi-Fi facility, but they are planning to have Wi-Fi throughout all of their long haul fleet, by the end of 2021.
Is it a non-subscription service?
No, there is a certain amount of payment required for every subscription.
Can I purchase the subscription after boarding the aircraft?
Yes, you can easily get an access to purchase their Wi-Fi subscription and the internet connection after you board your aircraft and it reaches an altitude of 10,000 ft.
Does my subscription consist of a time-based option?
Yes, the Wi-Fi, along with the subscriptions comes to an end after each long haul flight ends.
How many devices can I connect?
You can connect to multiple devices such as, smartphones, laptops or tablets, all at one go.
Is the Wi-Fi Voucher refundable?
Yes, the voucher is refundable if and only if:
1. The flight you are in is canceled and you have been transferred to a different aircraft that doesn’t have Wi-Fi.
2. You yourself cancel your flight and shift top such a flight where Wi-Fi onboard in unavailable.
3. The onboard Internet Connection malfunctioned after you had already purchased Wi-Fi Voucher.